Pineapple-Rum Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Jazz up store-bought frozen yogurt with this quick pineapple-rum mixture.
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple,drained
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted (optional, see Tip)
- Combine pineapple, rum and brown sugar in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen yogurt in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in pineapple-rum mixture. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with toasted coconut, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast coconut: Place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350°F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 166 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 297 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1997