Pineapple-Rum Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Jazz up store-bought frozen yogurt with this quick pineapple-rum mixture.
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple,drained
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted (optional, see Tip)
- Combine pineapple, rum and brown sugar in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen yogurt in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in pineapple-rum mixture. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with toasted coconut, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast coconut: Place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350°F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 166 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 297 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1997