Pineapple-Rum Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Jazz up store-bought frozen yogurt with this quick pineapple-rum mixture.
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple,drained
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted (optional, see Tip)
- Combine pineapple, rum and brown sugar in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen yogurt in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in pineapple-rum mixture. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with toasted coconut, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast coconut: Place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350°F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 166 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 297 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1997