Pineapple-Rum Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Jazz up store-bought frozen yogurt with this quick pineapple-rum mixture.
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple,drained
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons sweetened, flaked coconut, toasted (optional, see Tip)
- Combine pineapple, rum and brown sugar in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place frozen yogurt in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in pineapple-rum mixture. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with toasted coconut, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast coconut: Place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350°F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 166 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 297 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1997