Cake was heavy, flavorless-wouldn'T serve it to my worst enemy.
Pineapple Coffee Cake
Nonfat plain yogurt stands in for sour cream to add moisture and tenderness to this lightened-up pineapple coffee cake. Best of all, you can mix the batter and have this wholesome breakfast treat in the oven in under 15 minutes—that's healthy in a hurry.
9 Reviews for Pineapple Coffee Cake
I am a semi professional baker. I usually give recipes the benefit of my doubt for their first try, especially from a trusted site like eatingwell. That being said, I triple checked the quantity of baking powder before proceeding. Is it supposed to be 1 teaspoon??
The cake tastes like eatingwell's other muffin/quick bread recipes. I did add some cinnamon, and used brown sugar. The flavor is pretty good. I do think some maple extract would be nice next time. I also added unsweetened coconut to the topping, instead of pecans.
There is a distinct taste of baking powder, though. Do try 1 tsp instead of tbsp. i think this is why my cake fell!
I made this and took it to work, everyone loved it especially me!!!!!!
It turned out delicious. I did use some unsweetened coconut and cardamom powder for extra spice.Also I used 1/2 Splenda and 2 Tbsp of honey instead of 1/2 cup sugar and 2Tbsp brown sugar for the topping with pecans.
Will definitely not make this again. I added cinnamon based on other reviewers' comments, but this was still fairly flavorless and the pineapple would have been better raw.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)