A touch of coconut milk—infused with fresh ginger for a subtle kick—complements sweet pineapple and creates a luxurious consistency in this sorbet.
- 1/2 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/4-inch-thick slices peeled fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 pineapple, (about 3 1/2 pounds), peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Combine coconut milk, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain into a large bowl.
- Place pineapple in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the pineapple puree to the coconut milk mixture and whisk until blended. Whisk in lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, freeze mixture in a shallow metal pan until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth.)
- Serve immediately or transfer to a storage container and let harden in the freezer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve in chilled dishes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. | Equipment: Ice cream maker or food processor
Per serving: 157 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 6 mg sodium; 233 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 72 mg Vitamin C (120% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)