I love the flavor combo of coconut and pineapple, but there really not a lot of coconut flavor here. It might work better with a larger proportion of coconut milk. i also thought it needed just a little sweetener.
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
A great use for leftover coconut milk.
2 Reviews for Pineapple-Coconut Frappe
I made it this morning for breakfast and it isn't bad tasting. Unfortunately my blender had a crack in it so I had to use a mini food processor so I couldn't full blend everything so I still have some chunks of ice in it. I ended up using non-fat milk and I made half of the recipe. I calculated 132.5 calories using non-fat milk, dole canned pineapple in pineapple juice and lite coconut milk. Would make it again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)