From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Molasses adds a rich character to this tropical marinade. Try it with chicken, pork or shrimp.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine vinegar, pineapple juice concentrate, molasses, chipotles, oil and salt in a small bowl. Use 1/2 cup to marinate chicken, pork or shrimp. Reserve remaining marinade for basting.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer. You can also find them dried with other chiles or at melissas.com and ground in the spice section of many supermarkets.
Per teaspoon: 9 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 100 mg sodium; 23 mg potassium.
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- July/August 1998