Take a trip to the tropics with these pineapple-coconut sundaes.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pint vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, or low-fat ice cream, slightly softened (see Tip)
- 2/3 cup Caramel-Orange Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Slice pineapple, place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Broil until light golden, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast coconut in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly colored and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Arrange several pineapple slices on each dessert plate. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt (or ice cream). Drizzle with Caramel-Orange Sauce. Garnish with coconut and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To soften ice cream quickly, microwave it on medium-low for 30 to 60 seconds.
Per serving: 311 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 67 mg sodium; 397 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (92% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)