Take a trip to the tropics with these pineapple-coconut sundaes.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pint vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, or low-fat ice cream, slightly softened (see Tip)
- 2/3 cup Caramel-Orange Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Slice pineapple, place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Broil until light golden, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast coconut in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly colored and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Arrange several pineapple slices on each dessert plate. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt (or ice cream). Drizzle with Caramel-Orange Sauce. Garnish with coconut and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To soften ice cream quickly, microwave it on medium-low for 30 to 60 seconds.
Per serving: 311 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 67 mg sodium; 397 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (92% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique