Take a trip to the tropics with these pineapple-coconut sundaes.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pint vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, or low-fat ice cream, slightly softened (see Tip)
- 2/3 cup Caramel-Orange Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Slice pineapple, place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Broil until light golden, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast coconut in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly colored and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Arrange several pineapple slices on each dessert plate. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt (or ice cream). Drizzle with Caramel-Orange Sauce. Garnish with coconut and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To soften ice cream quickly, microwave it on medium-low for 30 to 60 seconds.
Per serving: 311 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 67 mg sodium; 397 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (92% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique