Take a trip to the tropics with these pineapple-coconut sundaes.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pint vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, or low-fat ice cream, slightly softened (see Tip)
- 2/3 cup Caramel-Orange Sauce, (recipe follows)
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Slice pineapple, place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Broil until light golden, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast coconut in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly colored and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Arrange several pineapple slices on each dessert plate. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt (or ice cream). Drizzle with Caramel-Orange Sauce. Garnish with coconut and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To soften ice cream quickly, microwave it on medium-low for 30 to 60 seconds.
Per serving: 311 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 67 mg sodium; 397 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (92% daily value), Calcium (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique