The photograph suggested that the pierogis would be flaky, but instead they were a bit chewy. I suppose the pastry would have been flaky had butter been used in the dough. I served these with borscht and my guests enjoyed them but I'm not sure I'd make them again.
Potato-Cheese Pierogi with Sauerkraut
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Potatoes mashed with sautéed onions and sauerkraut makes a flavorful filling in these yummy pierogi. We used whole-wheat pastry flour for added fiber and substituted extra-virgin olive oil for margarine or butter. Pierogi freeze beautifully, so make a large batch if you like.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)