Use these crisp phyllo cookies as a base for frozen yogurt sundaes.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, (14x18 inches), thawed if frozen
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl. Mix butter and oil in another small bowl.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo on a clean, dry surface. Brush very lightly with some of the butter mixture. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the sugar mixture evenly over the phyllo. Repeat these steps with 3 more phyllo sheets. Cut the phyllo into 4 lengthwise strips; cut each strip into rectangles 1 1/2 inches wide, to make 32 rectangles.
- Carefully transfer half of the rectangles to the prepared baking sheet with a large metal spatula. Bake until the cookies are crisp and golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Bake the remaining rectangles in the same manner. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Per cookie: 22 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)