There is nothing about this recipe that remotely resembles a Philly Cheese Steak. The person responsible for this recipe has obviously never eaten a cheese steak made in Philly. This recipe is a joke!
Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Most of the good stuff in a Philly cheese steak, from thin-sliced steak to onions, peppers and mushrooms, is still here but we opt for slightly-less-gooey but more flavorful provolone cheese in place of Cheese Whiz. We adore spicy banana peppers as a topping, but omit them if you can do without the heat.
4 Reviews for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
My boyfriend and I LOVED this recipe. Followed the mixture recipe to a T, with the exception of the Banana Pepper and used shredded Italian blend cheese I had on hand. I did serve it open face, and with AuJus, for dipping. It was wonderful!
I couldn't find banana peppers, so I went without. It was so bland though that I added a couple pinches of cayenne pepper which helped. It needed a little help. But besides that it was good. I am sure there are better recipes out there though.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)