Followed directions to a "T" and it was absolutely delicious.
Pesto & Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Chops
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Pesto gives great flavor to the oozy mozzarella stuffing in this breaded pork chops recipe.
4 Reviews for Pesto & Mozzarella Stuffed Pork Chops
I had to say this is probably one of my favorite recipes of all times and I love to cook. The breadcrumbs gives it a crunch that gives it that fried flavor, with the mixture of pesto and cheese just melts the porkchop in your mouth. The only problem I had was cutting the porkchops, my knifes aren't as sharp as they probably should be and this made it very difficult. I would recommend this to anyone.
I used store-bought (in the tube) pesto this time, but would definitely use homemade for a repeat performance. Substituting panko for the bread crumbs gave these a beautiful, crisp outer coating. This was so delicious and easy!
I made this for dinner last night and my family ate it up! Everyone loved these pork chops. It was just the right amount of breading and that oozy cheese was wonderful. I did substitue panko for the breadcrumbs and instead of putting the chops on a baking sheet in the oven I simply put the skillet in the oven after browning the chops on the stovetop. I flipped the chops after 5 minutes in the oven. You won't be disappointed in this recipe. Give it a try!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)