I used Egg Beaters, and it worked wonderfully. We also substituted the cheese, but I think mozzarella would have been wonderful too. The amount of pesto is just perfect since the flavor is potent. I roasted my own red pepper, so it took a bit longer than 5 minutes. My husband and I will definitely have these again!
Pesto, Mozzarella & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy vegetarian breakfast egg-sandwich recipe is a delicious way to use up pesto and fresh mozzarella cheese and it’s ready in just 5 minutes.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)