Pesto, Mozzarella & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
From EatingWell: March/April 2013
This healthy vegetarian breakfast egg-sandwich recipe is a delicious way to use up pesto and fresh mozzarella cheese and it’s ready in just 5 minutes.
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared pesto
- 1 thin slice fresh mozzarella cheese
- Toast English muffin. Combine egg and roasted red pepper in a small (about 8-ounce) microwave-safe ramekin or bowl. Cover and microwave until the egg is set, about 1 minute. Spread pesto on 1 English muffin half, then top with cheese. Place the egg on the cheese. Top with the remaining English muffin half.
Per serving: 362 calories; 15 g fat (6 g sat, 5 g mono); 210 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 5 g fiber; 782 mg sodium; 244 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (40% daily value), Vitamin A (23% dv), Zinc (18% dv), Iron (17% dv), Magnesium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 2 medium fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- March/April 2013