Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Bark
From EatingWell: November/December 2013
With just a few simple steps, you can transform plain chocolate into a divine treat with this chocolate bark recipe. We stir chopped peppermint candies and chocolate-covered espresso beans into this chocolate bark, which is perfect for a gift.
- 2 cups chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (or chips)
- 30 peppermint candies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, coarsely chopped
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. (Take care to avoid wrinkles.)
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. (Alternatively, place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.)
- Combine candy and espresso beans in a small bowl. Stir half of the mixture into the melted chocolate. Scrape the chocolate onto the foil and spread it into a 9-inch square. Sprinkle with the remaining candy mixture, pressing any large bits in. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the bark and foil to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Per piece: 60 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, chocolate
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2013