Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Bark
From EatingWell: November/December 2013
With just a few simple steps, you can transform plain chocolate into a divine treat with this chocolate bark recipe. We stir chopped peppermint candies and chocolate-covered espresso beans into this chocolate bark, which is perfect for a gift.
- 2 cups chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (or chips)
- 30 peppermint candies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, coarsely chopped
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. (Take care to avoid wrinkles.)
- Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. (Alternatively, place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.)
- Combine candy and espresso beans in a small bowl. Stir half of the mixture into the melted chocolate. Scrape the chocolate onto the foil and spread it into a 9-inch square. Sprinkle with the remaining candy mixture, pressing any large bits in. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the bark and foil to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Per piece: 60 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, chocolate
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 2013