Peppered Turkey with Cranberry-Grape Relish
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Although low in fat and calories, a sophisticated and creative entrée like turkey paillards crusted with pink peppercorns does not taste like spa food, especially when topped with a tart and sweet cranberry-grape relish. Make it a meal: Serve with wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.
- 4 1/4-inch-thick turkey cutlets, (1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cranberry-Grape Relish, (recipe follows)
- Cut several 1/4-inch slashes around the edges of each turkey cutlet.
- Crush peppercorns with a small heavy skillet or saucepan; mix with salt and rub over both sides of turkey.
- Brush a large grill pan or skillet evenly with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until lightly browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining turkey. Top with relish and serve immediately.
Per serving: 256 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 1999