Peppered Turkey with Cranberry-Grape Relish
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Although low in fat and calories, a sophisticated and creative entrée like turkey paillards crusted with pink peppercorns does not taste like spa food, especially when topped with a tart and sweet cranberry-grape relish. Make it a meal: Serve with wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.
- 4 1/4-inch-thick turkey cutlets, (1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cranberry-Grape Relish, (recipe follows)
- Cut several 1/4-inch slashes around the edges of each turkey cutlet.
- Crush peppercorns with a small heavy skillet or saucepan; mix with salt and rub over both sides of turkey.
- Brush a large grill pan or skillet evenly with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until lightly browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining turkey. Top with relish and serve immediately.
Per serving: 256 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 1999