Peppered Turkey with Cranberry-Grape Relish
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Although low in fat and calories, a sophisticated and creative entrée like turkey paillards crusted with pink peppercorns does not taste like spa food, especially when topped with a tart and sweet cranberry-grape relish. Make it a meal: Serve with wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.
- 4 1/4-inch-thick turkey cutlets, (1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cranberry-Grape Relish, (recipe follows)
- Cut several 1/4-inch slashes around the edges of each turkey cutlet.
- Crush peppercorns with a small heavy skillet or saucepan; mix with salt and rub over both sides of turkey.
- Brush a large grill pan or skillet evenly with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until lightly browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining turkey. Top with relish and serve immediately.
Per serving: 256 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- January/February 1999