Peppered Turkey with Cranberry-Grape Relish
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Although low in fat and calories, a sophisticated and creative entrée like turkey paillards crusted with pink peppercorns does not taste like spa food, especially when topped with a tart and sweet cranberry-grape relish. Make it a meal: Serve with wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.
- 4 1/4-inch-thick turkey cutlets, (1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cranberry-Grape Relish, (recipe follows)
- Cut several 1/4-inch slashes around the edges of each turkey cutlet.
- Crush peppercorns with a small heavy skillet or saucepan; mix with salt and rub over both sides of turkey.
- Brush a large grill pan or skillet evenly with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until lightly browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining turkey. Top with relish and serve immediately.
Per serving: 256 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- January/February 1999