Peppered Turkey with Cranberry-Grape Relish
From EatingWell: January/February 1999
Although low in fat and calories, a sophisticated and creative entrée like turkey paillards crusted with pink peppercorns does not taste like spa food, especially when topped with a tart and sweet cranberry-grape relish. Make it a meal: Serve with wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.
- 4 1/4-inch-thick turkey cutlets, (1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cranberry-Grape Relish, (recipe follows)
- Cut several 1/4-inch slashes around the edges of each turkey cutlet.
- Crush peppercorns with a small heavy skillet or saucepan; mix with salt and rub over both sides of turkey.
- Brush a large grill pan or skillet evenly with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add half the turkey and cook until lightly browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining turkey. Top with relish and serve immediately.
Per serving: 256 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 45 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 169 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- January/February 1999