Peppered Salmon Steaks with Yogurt-Lime Marinade
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
The yogurt marinade, with hints of lime and ginger, makes the salmon wonderfully succulent.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1-inch thick salmon steaks
- Lime wedges
- Whisk together yogurt, oil, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow nonreactive dish,. Add fish steaks and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, turning once.
- Preheat grill.
- Coarsely grind pepper onto steaks and gently press in. Oil the grill (see Tip). Grill the steaks, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 268 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 234 mg sodium; 503 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (61% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Charter Issue, 1990