Peppered Salmon Steaks with Yogurt-Lime Marinade
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
The yogurt marinade, with hints of lime and ginger, makes the salmon wonderfully succulent.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1-inch thick salmon steaks
- Lime wedges
- Whisk together yogurt, oil, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow nonreactive dish,. Add fish steaks and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, turning once.
- Preheat grill.
- Coarsely grind pepper onto steaks and gently press in. Oil the grill (see Tip). Grill the steaks, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 268 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 234 mg sodium; 503 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (61% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Charter Issue, 1990