Peppered Salmon Steaks with Yogurt-Lime Marinade
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
The yogurt marinade, with hints of lime and ginger, makes the salmon wonderfully succulent.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1-inch thick salmon steaks
- Lime wedges
- Whisk together yogurt, oil, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow nonreactive dish,. Add fish steaks and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, turning once.
- Preheat grill.
- Coarsely grind pepper onto steaks and gently press in. Oil the grill (see Tip). Grill the steaks, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 268 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 234 mg sodium; 503 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (61% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Charter Issue, 1990