Peppered Salmon Steaks with Yogurt-Lime Marinade
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
The yogurt marinade, with hints of lime and ginger, makes the salmon wonderfully succulent.
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1-inch thick salmon steaks
- Lime wedges
- Whisk together yogurt, oil, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow nonreactive dish,. Add fish steaks and turn to coat with marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, turning once.
- Preheat grill.
- Coarsely grind pepper onto steaks and gently press in. Oil the grill (see Tip). Grill the steaks, turning once, until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 268 calories; 16 g fat (3 g sat, 7 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 234 mg sodium; 503 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (61% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Charter Issue, 1990