Peppered Lamb Chops
From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Studding lamb chops with garlic and rubbing them with crushed peppercorns adds intense flavor with minimal work.
- 12 4-ounce loin or rib lamb chops, trimmed, approximately 1-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed with a heavy pot
- Preheat broiler.
- Pat lamb chops dry. Make small punctures into the lamb with a paring knife and insert slivers of garlic into each one, poking in the garlic. Brush the tops lightly with half of the olive oil, then pat on half of the cracked peppercorns. Repeat with the other side of the lamb, using remaining oil and peppercorns. Broil the chops until the lamb is browned but pink inside, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Per serving: 215 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 90 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 80 mg sodium; 362 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Zinc (26% daily value).
Exchanges: 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1991