Pepper & Egg Curry
This quick curry dish is a great way to use up leftover hard-cooked eggs.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges (see Tip)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until the onions begin to color, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeño and ginger; stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour, curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth; cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in yogurt, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the parsley and lemon juice. Stir eggs into the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 153 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 214 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 219 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (55% daily value), Selenium (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique