Pepper & Egg Curry
This quick curry dish is a great way to use up leftover hard-cooked eggs.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges (see Tip)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until the onions begin to color, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeño and ginger; stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour, curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth; cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in yogurt, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the parsley and lemon juice. Stir eggs into the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 153 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 214 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 219 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (55% daily value), Selenium (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique