Pepper & Egg Curry
This quick curry dish is a great way to use up leftover hard-cooked eggs.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges (see Tip)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until the onions begin to color, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeño and ginger; stir for 1 minute. Stir in flour, curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth; cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in yogurt, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the parsley and lemon juice. Stir eggs into the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and run a constant stream of cold water over the eggs until completely cooled.
Per serving: 153 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 214 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 10 g protein; 2 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 219 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (55% daily value), Selenium (25% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique