My whole family loves this meal. My husband asks me to make it at least once a week. My two-year-old is a very picky eater, but, when I make this he eats it all and wants more. It's so easy and quick. The sauce is delicious too. I've used it as a dipping sauce for other meals and snacks too.
Spicy Pecan Popcorn Chicken
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
These spicy and crunchy pecan-crusted chicken nuggets are paired with a quick, creamy ranch dip. If you can’t find coarse breadcrumbs, substitute Grape-Nuts cereal instead.
4 Reviews for Spicy Pecan Popcorn Chicken
I exactly followed this recipe finding it perfect in flavors and ingredient proportions. The dill sauce was a nice balance to the ground chilli. Next time I may add some hot pepper to the mix.
Great recipe! Skipped the dipping sauce part because no one in my family wanted it. The chicken was wonderful without it. FYI the amount of coating mixed up will coat up to at least 2 lbs of chicken. I just made 2 lbs and still had some leftover to discard.
This version of popcorn chicken was very good. It was easy and quick to prepare. I like the spicy chili flavor, but might try some different spices next time.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)