Crème de cassis and white wine make up the fruity apéritif known as kir royale. For this recipe, the black currant liqueur gives the pears a berry richness and a lush mahogany color.
- 4 small pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1/3 cup crème de cassis
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, cut into pieces
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Set pear halves cut-side down in a baking dish. Pour crème de cassis and lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until the pears are tender and the juices have thickened slightly, about 45 minutes. Let cool briefly before serving.
Per serving: 175 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 4 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique