Crème de cassis and white wine make up the fruity apéritif known as kir royale. For this recipe, the black currant liqueur gives the pears a berry richness and a lush mahogany color.
- 4 small pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1/3 cup crème de cassis
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, cut into pieces
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Set pear halves cut-side down in a baking dish. Pour crème de cassis and lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until the pears are tender and the juices have thickened slightly, about 45 minutes. Let cool briefly before serving.
Per serving: 175 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 4 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit