Crème de cassis and white wine make up the fruity apéritif known as kir royale. For this recipe, the black currant liqueur gives the pears a berry richness and a lush mahogany color.
- 4 small pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1/3 cup crème de cassis
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, cut into pieces
- Place oven rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Set pear halves cut-side down in a baking dish. Pour crème de cassis and lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until the pears are tender and the juices have thickened slightly, about 45 minutes. Let cool briefly before serving.
Per serving: 175 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 4 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation