We made this to go with a roasted duck at Christmas and it came out wonderfully -- I will definitely make this again! I used Bosc pears that were at their peak flavor, but still firm. I also used a good quality brie cheese. The other sides included a tart homemade orange cranberry sauce, fresh bread, and green beans. Yum!
Roasted Pears with Brie & Pistachios
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Roasted pears with Brie and pistachios is delicious as a first course or a side with roast pork or lamb. Leave the stems on for the prettiest presentation.
4 Reviews for Roasted Pears with Brie & Pistachios
Made my own honey mustard from Dijon. My Bosc were slightly ripe so I increase cooking time slightly. My husband who does not eat pears LOVED it. I will make this again! Oh yeah I used preroasted pistachios.
I really thought these pears would be fabulous. They were good, but not great. They needed something, but I am not sure what. The pear flavor got a little lost.
I attend a large community pot-luck for Thanksgiving and it is always a challenge to come up with a dish that is different from the others, easy to make and special for the holidays. The Roasted Pears with Brie and Pistachios hit the spot. I cut the pears into quarters to provide more portions and the three dishes I brought were gone in no time. Now people are asking for the recipe....which I am not so sure if I want to share because I will need to come up with a different dish next year! (Eating Well chefs - you have a year to come up with a recipe to top the Roasted Pears!)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)