This easy, comforting pear crumble is sure to please. Serve it as is or with low-fat ice cream.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 1/2 pounds ripe but firm Anjou pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare topping: Combine oats, walnuts, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Drizzle with oil and stir until evenly moist.
- To prepare filling: Combine pears, maple syrup, raisins, flour, lemon juice and ginger in a large bowl and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the pears.
- Bake the crumble until the pears are tender and the topping is golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the topping (Step 2) and filling (Step 3), cover and refrigerate separately for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before assembling and baking.
Per serving: 257 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 46 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 5 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 279 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 2 other carbohydrates, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique