This easy, comforting pear crumble is sure to please. Serve it as is or with low-fat ice cream.
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 1/2 pounds ripe but firm Anjou pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare topping: Combine oats, walnuts, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Drizzle with oil and stir until evenly moist.
- To prepare filling: Combine pears, maple syrup, raisins, flour, lemon juice and ginger in a large bowl and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the pears.
- Bake the crumble until the pears are tender and the topping is golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the topping (Step 2) and filling (Step 3), cover and refrigerate separately for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before assembling and baking.
Per serving: 257 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 46 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 5 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 279 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 2 other carbohydrates, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique