Peanut Tofu Wrap
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Baked tofu tossed with storebought Thai peanut sauce makes a quick and healthy sandwich filling. Finish the sandwich with your favorite crunchy vegetables for added nutrients and fiber.
- 1 tablespoon store-bought Thai peanut sauce
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 ounces thinly sliced seasoned baked tofu
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 8 thinly sliced snow peas
- Spread peanut sauce on the tortilla. Place tofu, peppers and snow peas in the center; fold the sides over the filling and roll up.
Tips & Notes
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if youâ€™re on the go. Thatâ€™s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.
Per serving: 310 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 5 g fiber; 693 mg sodium; 154 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Vitamin A (50% dv), Iron (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007