Peanut Tofu Wrap
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Baked tofu tossed with storebought Thai peanut sauce makes a quick and healthy sandwich filling. Finish the sandwich with your favorite crunchy vegetables for added nutrients and fiber.
- 1 tablespoon store-bought Thai peanut sauce
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 ounces thinly sliced seasoned baked tofu
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 8 thinly sliced snow peas
- Spread peanut sauce on the tortilla. Place tofu, peppers and snow peas in the center; fold the sides over the filling and roll up.
Tips & Notes
- Eat neat: Keeping the filling inside a wrap or burrito can be a challenge, especially if youâ€™re on the go. Thatâ€™s why we recommend wrapping your burrito in foil so you can pick it up and eat it without losing the filling, peeling back the foil as you go.
Per serving: 310 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 5 g fiber; 693 mg sodium; 154 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Vitamin A (50% dv), Iron (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 medium fat meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007