Peanut Butter Cookies
A healthier version of an old favorite, these peanut butter cookies have much less saturated fat than the original.
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, oil, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl; add water and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir together all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the brown-sugar mixture just until combined.
- Roll the dough between your palms into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the cookies with a fork, dipping it into flour if it begins to stick to the dough. Sprinkle with peanuts, pressing them lightly into the dough with your fingers.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Per cookie: 91 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 75 mg sodium; 22 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique