Peanut Butter Cookies
A healthier version of an old favorite, these peanut butter cookies have much less saturated fat than the original.
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, oil, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl; add water and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir together all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the brown-sugar mixture just until combined.
- Roll the dough between your palms into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the cookies with a fork, dipping it into flour if it begins to stick to the dough. Sprinkle with peanuts, pressing them lightly into the dough with your fingers.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Per cookie: 91 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 75 mg sodium; 22 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique