Peanut Butter Cookies
A healthier version of an old favorite, these peanut butter cookies have much less saturated fat than the original.
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 3 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, oil, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl; add water and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir together all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the brown-sugar mixture just until combined.
- Roll the dough between your palms into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the cookies with a fork, dipping it into flour if it begins to stick to the dough. Sprinkle with peanuts, pressing them lightly into the dough with your fingers.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Per cookie: 91 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 75 mg sodium; 22 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation