From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This simple peach sorbet recipe is a quick way to use up ripe fruit to make a delectable dessert. For a prettier sorbet, leave the peels on the fresh peaches.
- 4 cups quartered, pitted ripe peach (about 4 peaches), fresh or frozen (see Tips)
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Puree peaches in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine white grape juice, lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir the syrup into the fruit puree. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until cold, about 4 hours.
- Pour the sorbet mixture into an ice cream maker. (No ice cream maker? See Tips.) Freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Let soften slightly before serving.
- Tips: If using frozen fruit, measure it frozen and then thaw before pureeing.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture in a shallow metal cake pan or ice cube trays until solid, about 6 hours. Break into chunks and process in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Per 1/2 cup: 94 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 14 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 149 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (22% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- July/August 2013