Peach-Melon Frozen Yogurt
Start with frozen fruit and you'll have a delicious, fresh-tasting frozen yogurt 5 minutes later. For convenience, we have used commercially packaged mixed frozen fruit; strawberries, bananas and blueberries (alone or as a combination) are delicious, but avoid seedy fruits, such as raspberries.
- 3 cups frozen mixed fruit, (peaches, melon, grapes)
- 1/3 cup superfine (instant-dissolving) sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine frozen fruit and sugar in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Stir together yogurt and lemon juice. With the machine running, gradually pour the yogurt mixture through the feed tube. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the work bowl once or twice. Scoop the frozen yogurt into serving dishes, cover and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes to firm up slightly before serving.
Per serving: 123 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 26 mg sodium; 161 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (181% daily value), Vitamin A (47% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)