From EatingWell: August/September 2006
This tart, refreshing sorbet makes an elegant end to a summer meal. Always smell peaches before you buy them to make sure they're sweet and ready to eat.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 pound fresh peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir water, sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add peaches (or nectarines); bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the fruit-syrup mixture into a blender. Add lime zest, juice and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until cold, 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze the sorbet mixture in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Unmold cubes, place half in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, and process, scraping the sides as necessary, until fairly smooth but still icy. Repeat with the remaining cubes.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze in a resealable plastic container for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 109 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 115 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrates
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- August/September 2006