From EatingWell: August/September 2006
This tart, refreshing sorbet makes an elegant end to a summer meal. Always smell peaches before you buy them to make sure they're sweet and ready to eat.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 pound fresh peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir water, sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add peaches (or nectarines); bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the fruit-syrup mixture into a blender. Add lime zest, juice and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until cold, 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze the sorbet mixture in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Unmold cubes, place half in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, and process, scraping the sides as necessary, until fairly smooth but still icy. Repeat with the remaining cubes.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze in a resealable plastic container for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 109 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 115 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrates
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- August/September 2006