From EatingWell: August/September 2006
This tart, refreshing sorbet makes an elegant end to a summer meal. Always smell peaches before you buy them to make sure they're sweet and ready to eat.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 pound fresh peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir water, sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add peaches (or nectarines); bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the fruit-syrup mixture into a blender. Add lime zest, juice and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until cold, 4 hours or overnight.
- Freeze the sorbet mixture in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's directions. (Alternatively, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid, about 4 hours. Unmold cubes, place half in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade, and process, scraping the sides as necessary, until fairly smooth but still icy. Repeat with the remaining cubes.)
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze in a resealable plastic container for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 109 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 115 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrates
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- August/September 2006