Peach Ice Cream
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
If you plan to serve this ice cream directly from the ice cream maker, add an extra cup of chopped peaches to the mix just before stir-freezing. A crisp almond-flavored cookie served alongside would complement the subtle hint of almond in the ice cream
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches, (6-8 medium peaches)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons amaretto, or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Puree peaches with lemon juice in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add Marshmallow Fluff and mix with a whisk until as smooth as possible. (The mixture will be a little lumpy; lumps will break down during stir-freezing.) Add milk and amaretto or almond extract and mix well. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Per serving: 235 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 55 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 232 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- July/August 1994