Peach Ice Cream
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
If you plan to serve this ice cream directly from the ice cream maker, add an extra cup of chopped peaches to the mix just before stir-freezing. A crisp almond-flavored cookie served alongside would complement the subtle hint of almond in the ice cream
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches, (6-8 medium peaches)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons amaretto, or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Puree peaches with lemon juice in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Add Marshmallow Fluff and mix with a whisk until as smooth as possible. (The mixture will be a little lumpy; lumps will break down during stir-freezing.) Add milk and amaretto or almond extract and mix well. If necessary, chill until cold.
- Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Per serving: 235 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 55 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 232 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 3 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- July/August 1994