Peach-Bourbon Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Here we add peaches flavored with bourbon and brown sugar to vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick and delicious dessert.
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans, (optional)
- Combine peaches, bourbon and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen yogurt to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in the fruit mixture. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with pecans, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 152 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 319 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Mardi Gras
- July/August 1997