Peach-Bourbon Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Here we add peaches flavored with bourbon and brown sugar to vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick and delicious dessert.
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans, (optional)
- Combine peaches, bourbon and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen yogurt to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in the fruit mixture. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with pecans, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 152 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 319 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Mardi Gras
- July/August 1997