Peach-Bourbon Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Here we add peaches flavored with bourbon and brown sugar to vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick and delicious dessert.
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans, (optional)
- Combine peaches, bourbon and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen yogurt to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in the fruit mixture. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with pecans, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 152 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 319 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (17% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Mardi Gras
- July/August 1997