I made this today and it turned out great. I used blackcurrant berries and peaches. I also put a lot more berries than peaches because I simple had more. I love the flavor of this cobbler, I think if there was more sugar it wouldn't have needed so much fruit. I always opt for fruit, of course. One piece of this is enough if you are craving something sweet but don't want to go all the way and ruin your healthy diet plan.
Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
This is a healthier version of a traditional cobbler, with canola oil in place of some of the butter and whole-wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. Unlike more classic biscuit-topped cobblers, the peaches and blueberries are nestled into a tender batter that swells around the fruit as it bakes. Other fruits may be substituted. It's especially beautiful when baked in and served right from a cast-iron skillet.
36 Reviews for Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
I made this today and it turned out great, I used blackcurrants and peaches, there weren't any good blueberries around. I think I put more berries and less peaches but that's all I had;) The taste is very balanced. I like that it's not a heavy, sugary cobbler and one piece seems to settle any cravings.
I modified recipe with a gluten free all purpose flour, Earth Balance, organic sugar, and coconut oil. I also used 6 peaches b/c they were on the smallish side. It took an hour in oven. Batter a little chewy-ish. So much fruit to batter that it seemed a bit soggy, but still a nice treat after dinner that I could convince myself was healthy.
Peach cobbler should be sweet. I'm with the other reviewers. I'd rather www. at a small piece of the real thing.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)