From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Here we top lightly sweetened peaches and blackberries with sparkling wine for a refreshing summer dessert.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 pint blackberries, or raspberries
- 1 1/3 cups chilled Asti Spumante, or other sparkling wine
- Combine honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat just until the honey melts. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon zest. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub the fuzz from peaches with a kitchen towel. Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits and dice the flesh. Combine the diced peaches, berries and honey syrup in a bowl and stir gently to combine. Spoon into 4 dessert dishes and chill until serving time.
- Just before serving, pour 1/3 cup sparkling wine into each dish.
Per serving: 171 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 248 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (38% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 1995